“What is genius, anyway, if it isn’t the ability to give an adequate response to a great challenge?” – Bette Greene
Challenges come into everyone’s life and sometimes, they come in leaps and bounds! Take for instance my moving, changing careers, uprooting family, and negotiating a loan modification all at the same time. Talk about stress projecting (I refused to accept the stress). So I learnt some ways of dealing with challenges instead:
1. Set aside time to think through your challenges. If they are myriad, organize them hierarchically so you can determine which is most crucial and how best to deal with each.
2. Draw up a game plan. You cannot tackle everything at once but you must ultimately tackle them all.
3. Take it a day at a time. Do the bit you can do in your allocated 24 and leave the rest till the tomorrow
4. Refuse to stress; it is counter-productive. When you stress, you end up being paralyzed in fear or running around in all the wrong directions.
5. Do something. Don’t simply fold your hands and hope everything comes out fine in the end. They rarely do. As our quote advises, “give an adequate response.”
6. Above all, DON’T GIVE UP! When you don’t give up, you will succeed.